Part of the thriving metal fabrication industry, Sharpe Products of New Berlin, Wisconsin is celebrating three decades of business. Starting in 1990, on the outskirts of Milwaukee, the company began with a focus on architectural handrail fittings and metal fabrication for a variety of regional customers. Over the next years, seeing increased market demand for custom tube bending, it began to expand into more complex tube forming as well as laser cutting, servicing customers in the aerospace, agricultural, automotive, medical device and recreation industries.
“We have great appreciation to those who have supported us through the years, and value the relationships we have built with customers across North America,” says Paul Krickeberg, President & CEO. “We look forward to meeting the challenges of an ever-changing industry and business climate as we enter our fourth decade.”
Key milestones for the company include several moves, increases to staffing and expansions to the office and manufacturing footprint. Here are some highlights in the company’s history:
- 1990 – Started business in Delafield, Wisconsin in leased 1,800 sq. ft. building
- 1994 – Purchased and moved into to a 20,000 sq. ft. facility in West Allis, Wisconsin, near Milwaukee, to allow for greater manufacturing capabilities
- 2002 – Purchased and moved to a 51,000 sq. ft. facility in New Berlin, 15 minutes west of Milwaukee, to help accommodate larger projects and anticipated future growth
- 2006 – To complement its architectural fitting line, the decision was made to move into additional industries that had a need for custom tube and pipe bending, to better utilize company expertise and manufacturing capacity
- 2010 – Earned ISO 9001:2008 certification
- 2015 – Purchased additional 38,000 sq. ft. facility in New Berlin, using 20,000 for the industrial handrail fittings and components products, additional bending machines and a second shipping area
- 2019 – Updated to ISO 9001:2015 certification
Staying in line with market demand, the company has plans for future expansion as well as updates to its existing technology. For additional information, please see the newly released 30-year video and expanded company timeline.