A Tube Bender Set-up Tech-CNC Programmer is responsible for safely and efficiently setting up and running our CNC tube bending machines to produce high quality parts.
Responsibilities: This list is not all inclusive
- Maintain knowledge of how to select and set up tooling on the bender
- Create CNC program to make parts according to specifications within machine capabilities
- Understand part programming process and options
- Understand and proficiently use the machine software and settings
- Setup machine and bend tooling to achieve acceptable part quality and cut quality
- Monitor machine activity to ensure proper operation and prevent damage to machine
- Perform regular maintenance to machine
- Troubleshoot any production problems
- Continually look for ways to improve production efficiency
- Inspect your work and complete proper inspection documents
- Set up and run jobs in the estimated time frame
- Proficient in set-up and operation of other cell machinery including saws and end-formers
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of High School diploma or GED
- Ability to learn software application
- Basic Mechanical aptitude
- Detail oriented
- Logical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to read prints using higher level math skills to transfer print information
- Proficient in use of inspection equipment (using hand tools, tube inspect machine)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- This position is very active and requires standing and walking for 1 – 10 hours per day.
- Bend/kneel, stoop/crouch, twist/turn, grasp/reach overhead and outward frequently.
- The employee must frequently lift, carry, push or pull 1-50 lbs. frequently.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work consistently and effectively in a fast-paced industrial environment wearing hearing protection, vision protection, steel-toes shoes and other appropriate protective clothing.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Benefits Offered at Sharpe:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance (at no cost to employee)
- LTD Insurance (at no cost to employee)
- SIMPLE IRA with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays