ERP / Systems Administrator
Looking for a position where you can be a key player in advancing ERP solutions to affect the bottom line? Come and join a small manufacturer with a big heart for customer service and for employee work-life balance. Sharpe Products is looking for an ERP developer to lead the maximization of our ERP system. You will collaborate with teams across the company to improve business efficiency and build sustainable ERP solutions.
Sharpe Products is proud to provide unrivaled expertise in pipe bending, laser tube cutting and custom fabrication services that meet our customers’ unique bending and cutting needs.
The ERP / Systems Administrator is responsible for maintaining and improving the efficiency of our computer software and hardware systems. The ERP and Systems Administrator is also responsible for improving the efficiency of business processes that can be improved though information systems. Our computer systems include all computer software, ERP software, hardware, networking, CNC machinery computers, data backup, anti-virus protection, data security & user control, phone systems, security camera system, and entry access control.
Responsibilities: This list is not all inclusive
o Install updates
o Maintain software by troubleshooting, fixing issues or placing service calls
o Maintain user profiles and user/group security
- Improve business process efficiency through
o ERP System Business Intelligence development
o creating and deploying reports
- Design enterprise level solutions for multidimensional databases
- Maintain network with our vendor
- Maintain data backups
- Maintain data security
- Maintain computer security
- Maintain phone system
- Maintain computer hardware & software inventory list
- Maintain our security camera system with our vendor
- Maintain our card key access system
- Set up and Maintain email accounts
- Install new hardware & software
- Communicate effectively with all personnel and co-workers to accomplish the above tasks
Skills and Qualifications:
- Required: Minimum of bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Information Systems or related field
- Required: Experience in ERP System development, programming, and reporting projects
- Proficiency in Global Shop ERP system (training will be provided)
- Programming Experience
- SQL Database Experience
- Self-Starter with Excellent Problem-Solving skills
- Excellent Written and Oral communication skills
- Excellent Organizational skills
- Manufacturing and/or Job Shop experience preferred, but not required
- Creativity & Forward thinking in information system improvement projects
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger; and reach with hands and arms.
- Able to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. At times, will go out onto the production floor to consult with Shop Manager/employees. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the production work environment can be loud.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Benefits Offered at Sharpe:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance (at no cost to employee)
- LTD Insurance (at no cost to employee)
- SIMPLE IRA with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays