Sharpe Products is looking for an experienced Press Set Up Operator. We pay top wages for Set Up skills and experience! Come and join a small but mighty custom metal fabricator in New Berlin, WI!
The Punch Press Set Up Operator is responsible for executing press operations for the company. The Punch Press Set Up Operator must maintain a high degree of professionalism when working with team members, customers and suppliers. The Punch Press Set Up Operator must also meet production rates.
Know our Quality Policy and perform your job according to that policy
Verify all information and resources needed to do the job the right time the first time are present. Information and resources needed may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Correct material
- Drawing (current revision if applicable) or thorough description of product requirements
- Production rate
- If all required information is not present, notify the supervisor and do not proceed until it is.
Set up stamping dies to produce parts that conform to drawings
- Analyze die for readiness
- Set up machine with die using knowledge of pressures, stroke adjustment, clamping/securing the die.
- Run sheer machine to cut sheet metal to stated width.
- Align and properly load coil/strips of raw material
- Adjust to meet dimensional and cosmetic requirements for parts.
Punch products according to the work instructions and at the production rate listed
If there is reason to believe required production rate cannot be met, notify supervisor prior to starting job and then proceed as instructed
If a production run has begun and then it is realized that the production rate cannot be met, notify supervisor and proceed as instructed
Inspect your work according to company procedure or to any special requirements listed in work instructions
Accurately and completely fill out all forms and paperwork required by QMS
Upon completion, return paperwork to appropriate location
After job is completed, tag material according to company procedure and put in appropriate location
Continuously consider how your area can be improved and make recommendations
Initiate Corrective Action upon recognition of nonconformance
Initiate Preventive Action upon recognition of a potential nonconformance
Maintain a neat and orderly work area
Complete any miscellaneous jobs/tasks required by supervisor
- Must know how to manage full set up and operation process with required equipment.
- Must consistently produce products that meet requirements.
- Must consistently hit production rates.
- Must be able to distinguish steel, stainless steel, aluminum, and other materials
- Must know pipe and tube sizes from ½” pipe – 6” pipe.
- Must be able to read tape measure and operate other inspection tools and devices.
- Must know fraction to decimal conversions: halves, quarters, eighths, and sixteenths. A chart with thirty-seconds must be available for reference.
- Must be familiar with schedules and gauges. Most common should be memorized, and for others a chart must be handy for reference.
- Experience in the metal fabrication industry highly preferred.
Benefits Offered at Sharpe:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance (at no cost to employee)
- LTD Insurance (at no cost to employee)
- SIMPLE IRA with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays