The Computer and Information Systems Administrator is responsible for maintaining and improving the efficiency of our computer software and hardware systems. The Computer and Information Systems Administrator is also responsible for improving the efficiency of business processes that can be improved though information systems. Our computer systems include all computer software, hardware, networking, CNC machinery computers, ERP software, data backup, anti-virus protection, data security & user control, phone systems, security camera system, and entry access control.
Responsibilities: This list is not all inclusive
- Maintain ERP System
- Install updates
- Maintain software by troubleshooting, fixing issues or placing service calls
- Maintain user profiles and user/group security
- Improve business process efficiency through ERP System development and programming and reporting projects
- Maintain network with our vendor
- Maintain data backups
- Maintain data security
- Maintain computer security
- Maintain phone system
- Maintain computer hardware & software inventory list
- Maintain our security camera system with our vendor
- Maintain our card key access system
- Set up and Maintain email accounts
- Install new hardware & software
- Communicate effectively with all personnel and co-workers to accomplish the above tasks
Skills and Qualifications:
- Required: Minimum of bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Information Systems or related field
- Excellent Problem-Solving skills
- Excellent Written and Oral communication skills
- Excellent Organizational skills
- Programming Experience
- SQL Database Experience
- Manufacturing and/or Job Shop experience preferred, but not required
- Proficiency in Global Shop ERP system (training will be provided)
- Creativity & Forward thinking in information system improvement projects
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger; and reach with hands and arms.
- Able to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. At times, will go out onto the production floor to consult with Shop Manager/employees. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the production work environment can be loud.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.